Re: Garages

>I have one of those "toy" garages they've been building the last 20
>years or so, that's barely big enough for a mid-size car.  My Terra will
>just barely fit with enough room at the front to work, and my full size

I can vouch for the tight fight in Dan's garage!

I guess my garage doesn't count as a "new" toy garage.. since it is the
original carriage house from the 1800s..

It *could* be a 2-car garage.  But it only has one garage door.  The other
"car" of the garage has been halved.. one part for an open work-area, one
part is closed off (the part with the home made fireplace)

The carpeting really helped because the concrete on the garage floor slopes
to a "dimple" in the middle of the floor.. with no drain!  (can't count the
number of times I backed in really fast, hit the brakes, and slid on ice..)

but it's still not "big"

My stock height Scout IIs would fit in the garage nicely front/back, and
even roomy side/side, but I had about 4" of clearance between the traveltop
and the garage roof.

Mom's '77 Monte Carlo would *just* squeeze in there.. now she wants to
figure out how to get her '67 Chevy Pickup inside.. not sure if it'll go.

The space situation is made worse by the Dana 44 & T19 sitting in the open
work-area side, along with the jumbo garbage can, and the various
motorcycles.. My '72 Honda and my '66 Harley M50, along with the '80 HD..
mom put her Sportster in the house this winter. :-)

Come to think of it, OUTSIDE of the garage is getting a little tight too..
just a few too many cars parked out front.  When I left this morning, my
sister's new '88 Tracer, mom's 67 Chevy, my brother's '76 Cutlass, my '72
Scout II, and my '77 were all parked out front..

Oughta get a used-car lot license...

-Tom