Re: Vinyl dye

> Has anyone used vinyl dye to change the color of
> a set of seats?  If so, what brand was it, and did it
> work well/last?
> I picked up the bucket seats with console for my
> pickup this past weekend (I think this was a rare
> option?) and the seats are Sage color.  I plan to
> dye them red (actually burgundy).  I had never seen
> this option until I was flipping through my parts book.
>
> Thanks,
> Allan Weidenheimer
> 72 1210 Pickup

Allan,
 Don't know if this is the stuff you're talking about, but I used some
spray paint that's made to go on vinyl (I think I got it at Auto Zone)
on my dash and armrests. It worked well on the dash, but has tended to rub
off of the armrest - I'd think it would do the same with seats.

 Later,                curt_cleavinger@domain.elided  Louisville, CO
   Curt                Binder Bunch: http://www.off-road.com/~jweed/binder.htm
                           /\
 [/>/]             [\<\] '75 Scout II     '75 Travelall 150