Garages

     IH all,

     I just had to chime in on this one.  Granted I do have a
Block building that acts as my shop, 10x20', with a fluorescent
twin bulb, and a stereo, all run off my 150' of 14ga. extension cord.  When I
run the drill, the lights dim, and the stereo plays ok.  Well, the work gets
done outside, in the Arizona desert in the gravel and cactus prickers which
inevitably always poke you in the armpit,so you have to take your shirt off.  No
floors or mats to slide on, just dirt.  Slide under to look at a U-joint in the
dirt!  No heat, no beer tap, no water, and the walk to the house to use the head
is about 500'.  A few nights ago (Friday) I rebuilt a front left wheel bearing
and auto-hub in 32F in the dirt, till 1:30 AM.  Let me tell you soaking parts in
gas that cold, you can't feel your fingers at all!  Anyway, I'd give my
left nut to have carpet anywhere!  Oh and all I have is a 60 Watt
rough service drop light, so I do all my work one handed while
the other holds the light.

     Just to add to my strife,

     -Joel Brodsky

         '76 IHC Scout II 345/tf727
         '75 IHC Travelall 150 4wd 392/tf727
         '72 Chev Carryall 3dr 4wd 350/th350 sold, but not forgotten.