Re: Re:brake bleeder

On Sun, 22 Feb 1998 SLarsonIH@domain.elided wrote:

> Daniel,
>
> Your reasoning about the bigger reservoir being for the brakes that do more
> work is interesting, but sadly, not true. On all the cars I've worked on, the
> bigger reservoir has been for the drum brakes, and here is why. The pistons on

> This means the pistons inside the wheel cyls move farther, displacing more
> brake fluid. This is especially true as the shoes wear down, and even more
>
> STeve
> 74 Scout with the infamous 40 gallon tank

Steve,
 i just replaced my front pads this weekend and can say that on a
ScoutII,1975 vintage,the front m/c  reservoir is for the front brakes.
I think the piston size relates in this case and the front piston is has a
much larger surface area than the two pistons in the rear.

                              Have fun!
                              Dennis
                              75II,345,727,ac,new pads