Bats & springs

Some recent threads on this digest  got me thinking (hate it when that happens).
Batteries: Now that I have my winch mounted on the Scout I am thinking  of electrical upgrades that may need to be addressed.
John L. and others have posted some very good information about batteries but I don't recall any mention of the Optima/Predator type. I have an Optima in one of my rigs (90 Montero) and have been very happy with it. It has been drained dead at least twice with no noticeable harm, so I am leaning toward the Optima when I replace the wet cell that now resides in the Scout.
Pro: small size, 800 cca, very little corrosion, 5 year warranty (full), safer (no acid to spill), and can be mounted in any position.
Con: high price, slow to recharge.
Am I missing anything here?

Tom's bouncy springs: If you want to take some of the "bounce" out of the front end just hang about 200 lb. of winch and bumper out front, worked for me.
Now can someone tell me how to retrieve back issues? I am posting to the correct place but can never get the volume message correct.. I have tried "v05" and "V05" both come back as invalid. I want to see what went on the last time I got dropped from the list (v05 #177-v05 #193).

Willy C
77 SS II (with new bumper, winch, spring bounce dampener)