RE: 800 power brakes

Any way you look at it, if the booster fails, you loose
power assist and increase stopping distance.
If hdroboost has a PS hose fail or a belt fly off, then
you loose force (Caddy has one extra pump in reserve)
If the vacum check valve on a booster fails or a vacum
line pops off, you're in the same boat.
If the motor fails on that GM system or if your
wires short out to it, you loose boost.
It's simply a question of what is easiest to implement.
Any way, you should regularly inspect components, because
all those scenerios I've heard happen to people.

Owen Minor
Tacoma,WA