Re: Don't Believe Everything You Hear

>Not so.  Perhaps someone has installed a remote unit, but it was not an
>option from the factory.

Howard,

  I got that info from Madison's Outback in Spokane.  They had a couple of Scout 80's with frame mounted remotes.  They implied these were factory installed.  I was interested until they told me there wasn't any warrantee with them.

  I checked with Brake and Clutch supply in Seattle, the owner was aware of the Scout remote units, but said rebuilding was not an economical option.  You may be right about these being an aftermarket add-on, though.  Maybe enough of these were done as add-on's, that both Madison's and the brake guy thought they came from the factory that way.

  I decided against power brakes and put Scout II rear drums on.  I'm just about done converting the front to disks.  Chevy pickup calipers, with Scout rotors, Scout II dana 30 hubs.  My front end is a '70 Scout, dana 30, so the bearings in the Scout II hubs don't fit.  I'm having to machine so new bronze bushings to fit the '70 axles.

  I assumed the conversion to disks would be a little easier.  The FAQ section details the conversion, but that's for a Scout II dana 30, not the Scout 800 dana 30.

Doug