Re: Leaf Spring

On Wed, 18 Feb 1998, Darrel Kline wrote:

> annoying. The shock design seems to make a big difference. I know there are
> some adjustable shocks out there like the Rancho 9000s. I don't think the
> rebound is adjustable separate from the compression however. Just one knob,
> right?

Yeah.. the RS9000s are only one knob for adjustments..

The bouncy ride on the '77 has pretty much cinched my decision to run
double shocks on the '72.. should keep those bounces to a minimum.. I'd
love to run 8 RS9000s with the in-cab adjustments (ORD members have been
doing some experiments on what air pressures are needed for what
adjustment.. so they can "back-door" the Rancho in-cab gizmo).. but
blowing $500 on new shocks is not high on my list of "To-Do"..

-Tom