Re: Tom's shackles

On Wed, 18 Feb 1998, Doug wrote:

> the urethane ones.  You tighten the bolt and shackle against
> the sleeve with the factory bushings.  You tighten the bolts
> and shackles much more on the bushings than the sleeve with
> with the 20 year old Rancho springs.  I think you still
> might have the shackles tightened too much.

That's what I was thinking..

I stopped home at lunch today and loosened the bolts a bit, and
re-torqued to 20lb-ft (again, the instructions listed 30lb-ft).. still
rough.. I'll try backing off a little more..  I didn't buy Nylocks, just
some Grade 8 washers n' lock-washers, so I don't want to go *too* loose
and have 'em rattle off on me!

Thanks,

-Tom