Leaf Spring

Tom Mandera wrote:
>Ride is MUCH MUCH improved.  I still bounce and jounce a bit, but I can
>attribute that to the new springs and such.. before I'd hit a manhole
>cover and it was like washboards for 50 feet or more..

  That bounce thing seems to be a common problem with leaf spring front
ends. Worse with the high-arch lift springs, and one that is really
annoying. The shock design seems to make a big difference. I know there are
some adjustable shocks out there like the Rancho 9000s. I don't think the
rebound is adjustable separate from the compression however. Just one knob,
right?

  I have been wondering for a long time who makes stock height springs for
a Scout II (for a spring over) . Some softride skyjackers would be nice.

  Has anyone ever seen any spring rates published for a Scout II? I would
be curious to compare stock rates to the aftermarket rates.

  Maybe the best thing, money wise and other wise, would be to rebuild my
stock springs with some teflon liners. They don't ride bad now, just a
little on the stiff side. Has anyone had experience with the teflon liners?
How about removing one of the leaf springs from the spring pack?

Darrel Kline
Colorado Springs, CO
1980 Scout II