RE: Electrical leak & tip

Hey-

I've been lurking for years and haven't written in a while, but my scout
is in the shop (getting it this weekend) and I'm living vicariously thru
y'all.  Ed - on the electrical problem, like Eric said, you disconnect
the wire to see a spark.  I took this one step further and made my own
test light.  The ones you buy don't seem to detect very slow or small
leaks.  Take a tail light bulb and a couple of alligator style clip
leads you have lying around, and solder the end of one to the body and
the end of the other to the bottom tip of the bulb and voila - a super
sensitive test light.  I use mine at night and have found it to glow
just barely when the storebought test light didn't.  'Course, now I have
the same problem as you and when my scout gets home from the hospital,
I'll be doing what you are doing.  When I wasn't driving it much, I
installed marine terminals with wing nuts on it, that way I could easily
disconnect the positive and save any drain.  I guess this is my
introduction to the list. cool.

Rob