Reply: Headlight problem

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 07:44:48 -0600
> From: "CPT Steven T. Fischer" <fischers@domain.elided>
> Subject: Headlight problem >HELP!!<
>
> I have come to the mountain to seek the sage advice of an electrical guru.

This I'm sure I am not, but I have solved a few of my electrical
problems...

> My '68 Scout  has gone blind.  The head lights have gone out and I'm hoping
> someone can point me in the right direction and save me some time.  Here's

> I made a very quick check of the connections at the foot switch and all
> look OK but I haven't had time to really get down there.  For the record it
> has been very wet and rainy here (that damn Nino guy again) and I do get a
> little moisture down near the switch when it's really wet out.  Can anyone
> point me in the right direction?  Fuse, foot switch etc.  Thanks in
> advance.

I had a problem with my dash and blinkers doing eradic things...  The
Elec. Gurus told me about grounding clips.  These rust badly and need
sanded so the connection will work, it brightens dim and non functioning
blinkers and I did see them on the headlights when I was messing around
with my horns, (don't ask).  Anyway take some sand paper and a
screwdriver its VERY easy to try.  if its not the problem it cant hurt.