800 power brakes

As some of you know, I've been pondering this one for awhile myself.  I had
finally resigned myself to just converting to a dual master cylinder on my
66 800 and letting it go at that.

I don't see how the Bronco system can work.  Seems like there would still
be inner fender clearance problems, as the Bronco system just turns (to the
best of my knowledge) the unit to the side but does not angle it up where
it would clear the fender.

The biggest problem with hydroboost is the same as a Milemarker winch.
Lose p/s and you lose braking.  I had a friend who almost got killed in a 1
ton Chevy dually when a p/s hose burst and the hydroboost system quit.  Of
course, this could be rare...

I'm intrigued by the remote or divorced mount brake booster.  Can anyone
give more details?  Which Ford vehicles were they on?  Jim?

The other option I've been thinking about is a system GM used in the
early/mid 80s (maybe earlier) on Regals, Cutlasses, etc., that kind of used
a motor looking thing to add boost.  It had wires running to it, and I got
the impression that when you pushed the brake pedal the electric motor
looking thingy added boost (sorry engineers, I'm an English teacher).  Has
anyone with more knowledge than me seen this?  I even saw rebuilt units in
a brake parts book in the shop of the guy in Atlanta who has my 800 (no,
it's not being held hostage like Tom's).  The bottom line is that I know
there is room to mount this system in the space available IF I could find
one to play with.

Just my thoughts-

Paul Brakefield
"Dirtball"