RE: 800 power brakes

>From: Mitch Neal <mneal@domain.elided>
Subject: 800 power brakes

I was in a junkyard this weekend and started thinking about power brakes on
my 800.  There is no room for the booster between the firewall and the front
inner fenders, and I refuse to cut my truck up.  I figured that the early
f*** bronco must have a similiar problem in that they practically copied the
80/800 series.  I found that the bronco uses a bracket that turns the master
cylinder about 30-45 degrees toward the engine and that gives the extra room
needed for the booster.  Has anyone tried to use the f*** parts to make this
work on a scout.  Surely someone has thought about this before and there is
some problem I am overlooking.  It looks like a simple bracket to build.

Anybody with experience or input let me know.<

Mitch,
  I've been told power brakes were an option on 800's.  Apparently they used a *remote* booster unit. Talk to a good brake supply outfit, most of them know about these.

Doug,  ('67 800, with manual brakes, ScoutII on rear, soon to have disks on front)