Re: Factory Manual Comments Wanted

On Wed, 18 Feb 1998 18:27:28 +0000 gehl@domain.elided writes:
>John,
>Regarding Scout2 factory manuals, I have a hybrid vehicle (collection
>of numerous years) and a 76/77 (#CTS2302?) manual.  It seems to cover
>all my needs except the diesel (hey, we can all dream!)  Can someone
>comment on changes in the manuals over the Scout2 model?  Are they
>all pretty much identical, as in, do later manuals (78-80) just cover
>more emission and more complex electrical wiring stuff?  Is there a
>"best year" factory manual for one dabbling in the full range of
>Scout2 model years?
>
>I ask because I note poor coverage on the T19 transmission in my
>76/77 manual yet I am impressed with coverage of all other areas.
>Was the T19 offered later than 77/76 ... so maybe it wasn't yet
>covered well?

I haven't noted dramatic differences between earlier and later manuals,
other than electrical diagram and emissions effects changes for each
year.  Some of the later changes like the T-19 never got a big
section;the T-19 section is only 10 pages including the index and a blank
page and the early version 1980 I have doesn't even cover the Dana 300.

I'm not sure there's a "best" version, the latest covers the newest
stuff, but it you've got some older components (like the T-18 for
example), they've been taken out of the later versions if they weren't
offered in those years.

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]