Headlight problem >HELP!!<

I have come to the mountain to seek the sage advice of an electrical guru.

My '68 Scout  has gone blind.  The head lights have gone out and I'm hoping
someone can point me in the right direction and save me some time.  Here's
the background:

Bought the truck in Aug and the low beams didn't work.  Traced this to a
corroded connection at he foot switch.  Fixed and no problems since.
 Tuesday I started it up to drive to work and no low beams, no high beams
and here's the interesting part, when I pull the headlight switch out to
the headlight position the front parking lights go out..  With the switch
in the first position (parking lights only) all 4 parking lights work, but
when you pull it all the way out the fronts go out and the backs stay on
(no my foot isn't on the brake, which is what my wife said).

I made a very quick check of the connections at the foot switch and all
look OK but I haven't had time to really get down there.  For the record it
has been very wet and rainy here (that damn Nino guy again) and I do get a
little moisture down near the switch when it's really wet out.  Can anyone
point me in the right direction?  Fuse, foot switch etc.  Thanks in
advance.

Steve Fischer