Re: Handhold and Vacuum Diagram

>back a few digests. My girlfriend would also like to have a hand hold on
>the passenger side of my Scout.
>       I've been trying to figure out the best way to do this. Bolting it
>to the inner paneling wouldn't be strong enough. I don't really want to
>go all the way through the roof. I also like to be able to take the top
>off for the summer. Maybe I could use the roll bar somehow? Anyone have
>any suggestions or done this.

I haven't done this *yet*, but my solution?  Install a front roll-cage!  The
Smittybilt part SC88 is around $100.  It includes three steel tubes (gotta
weld and fish-mouth everything though).

One tube goes from the roll bar, over the door 'glass, and then down along
the a-pillar of the windshield.  Another bar on the other side of the truck,
with a third that goes across the top of the windshield.

Do this, then get some leather straps.  Tie it around the "side window" bar
so some of the strap hangs down.

This is to prevent some unfortunate fellow from using the roll cage bar
directly as a hand-hold, then rolling your truck, smashing said fellow's
fingers between the outside of the roll cage and whatever you roll over
onto.  Ouch.

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
'72 Scout II - calling the wrecker right now to go tow 'er home!
'77 Scout II - 4" Softride, 196, 4.09s, track-lok, air comp.