It be smokin!

Here's something for ya'll.  Trucking down the road minding my own business I start to smell this curious burning rubber, metal, and oil aroma coming from my floor board right around by gear shifter.  A little latter down the road I find myself engulfed in a cloud of smoke.

Not being able to see by this time, I decide it's time to stop the ole truck and take a look around.  The smoke was coming from the front end of the propeller shaft near the transmission.  Transmission seems to be working fine but after I accelerate then let up off the gas - that's when I start hearing this moaning sound.  I'm thinking it could be the center bearing in the drive linkage.  What say you?

Art