Spindle Nut Torque Spec.

>Can anyone with a later model Scout II IH shop manual (maybe 1978 and up)
>see if a specification is given for (and the proper torquing procedures)
>for the type of spindle nut used with the Automatic (or Lock-O-Matic)
>locking hub?

John,

I have the pages in front of me and the automatic hubs take up a whole 2
pages. I am assuming that you aren't talking about the Warn or the Dualmatic.

I searched through and I didn't see any mention of any torque specs except
for the Hub Assembly Mounting Bolts which are 32-40 ft-lbs or 43-54 N-m.

I can fax this to you if you like.

Scott Machalk
1979 Scout II 345 727