PS on mid 60's trucks

Jim & all,

>I'd take a real close look at F$%* pickups from the late 60's/early 70's
as I believe they used non-integral PS 'til '73 or so.

I have this type steering on my 68 T'all 1200B.  My question to others is
how tight can you get the steering?  I have a lot of play, somewhere around
1/8 turn (maybe less) before the wheels respond.  The control valve doesn't
start sending fluid quick enough.  Priced a rebuild kit for the valve
assembly ($158).  Been wondering how much it will improve.  Been driving it
for 15 years this way.

Anyone overhaul the control valve?

Mike - I use all of the road