Re: What's The Best Way? <345 R&R Questions>

>* Anyone have any handy tips for ID-ing small parts, wires, etc.?  The
>hardware (nuts, bolts, washers, etc.) I put in ziplock bags and label
where
>they came from.

Peter:
  You are starting off right with the ziplocks.  One other thing you can do
is to have a spiral notebook available to write down notes and make
drawings, for example to note that the "long bolt goes here" when something
has bolts of different lengths.

On the cherry picker/hoist--be sure it has enough capacity for a 345.  Just
the engine is around 750lb (going from memory there).  I've seen some
cherry pickers where the boom is adjustable, but if you extend it all the
way, the capacity is only 500lb.  If you can't get the engine over the
radiator
support (hoist boom too short?) you can remove the wheels with the floor
jack under the axle, then drop it as low as it will go.  This might get
things to clear.

If you have an automatic, leave the torque converter in, remove the four
bolts
that hold it to the flex plate (remove access cover).  Be sure to mark the
alignment, mine only went together one way.

Allan Weidenheimer
72 1210 Pickup