brakes/carb

   I was on my way home last night and I got this reallllllly heart
rending screalling (is that a word?) sound coming from my rear
wheel/brakes. I pulled into a lot and got out and looked. I couldn't see
anything so I got in and drove around the lot. The sound was gone so I
limp home. Now I wanted to run out and see what that sound was, but;
stupid lock lug nuts with no key! DOH! So I run around to the local tire
place. They told me to bring it around tomorrow morning. So today I
borrowed das van and go to work. I got home and for $30 I got my now key
less lugs off. I run right home and pull open the offending drum. When I
pull it off the little self adjusting lever that turns the wheel falls
out all ground up and busted up! The screalling sound was this thing
stuck between the pad and the drum! So I replaced the drum and put new
padds on both sides.
   Now I know that I have a 2300 Holley carb. If anyone has one of these
carbs could you look on it and give me the tag number off of it. I need
to get a rebiuld kit for it this weekend. Its been 2 weeks since I have
last driven the 71. I miss it.

        Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided
Hi my name is Dan, and I'm an IHCaholic. I have a '79 Scout rust heap
running, a '78 parts Scout on blocks, and a '71 Scout dentmobile
running.