CTIS- a serious possibility, if we can get an answer!

Yes, Tom, that is almost what I was thinking.  Only I don't know if I
would put a hollow spacer on the outside of the drum...
I would think that it would have to be pretty strong to not collapse.
Plus you would have to get some longer wheel studs.  That is why I was
thinking about putting this ring on the inside of the drum.
I could see a spacer on the front end, as it would make it somewhat easier
to route.  *I* don't know if an airtight seal is possible with something
like this either, so someone a little more knowledgeable can jump in here
any time now...
That was basically my idea, but only imagine the quarter having a hole in
it and slipping over the end of the axle, on the inside of the drum.  You
just came up with a better way to describe it.  Guess I didn't daydream
enough!  Although, I guess that is a good thing, because I really didn't
want to catch a serious case of "Manderitis".
Does anyone know if this type of seal is possible???

Dan Felix
1966 Scout 800 - running
1965 Scout 80 - sitting on a pallet, moving via F**d tractor power
1964 Scout 80 - rolling