Re[2]: Motorcycles and IHC?

Thanks Tom, Interesting you're the first reply *grin*.

     As it stands now, the rating on a class III is like 1000 lbs
tongue, and 10,000 pull, it may be only 500# tongue.  Anyway, the
bikes are usually less than 500, and the 500 is designed with a
safety factor anyway.

     For the across the bumper plan, I would have the tray pivot
at the hitch, then lock to two point on the bumper.  The ramp on
the end is the other option.  I was planning on setting up some
posts that come straight up from the mounting to keep the bike
from flopping against the truck.

     I'm really just trying to avoid buying a trailer that I have
to register, and worry about.  Trailing the whole bike with the
front wheel on the hitch is still an option.  I've got a heck of
alot of steel to play with so I'm sure I'll come up with
something soon!

     -Joel Brodsky

         '76 IHC Scout II 345/tf727
         '75 IHC Travelall 150 4wd 392/tf727
         '72 Chev Carryall 3dr 4wd 350/th350 sold, but not forgotten.