Re: Motorcycles and IHC?

There is a company that makes the rack mounts in a reciever hitch to hold a
dirt bike.  Their web site is www.bdiracks.com.  I saw their ad in Dirt
Rider and I decided I wanted one except I didn't want to spend the money so
I made my own to haul my KTM 125 last summer.  Although my Scout isn't ready
for the road I've used it on my S-10 with a Class III hitch.  It does like
to flex a little which allows it move back and forth on the back of the
truck.  Part of the movement is due to the suspension and the tie down
straps on the bike.  But I've connected a small chain to the frame of the
bike below the engine (on a raised mount).  This helps prevent it from
swaying but since it's mounted between the bike and the truck it still can
move toward my truck.  Although it hasn't hit my topper yet I plan on
replacing the chain with an adustable solid bar or something this way there
is no way it can move.  Maybe this year I'll get a chance to use it on my
Scout with my '97 CR125.  Oh, I've spent about $20-25 on it so far.

Chad

>     I'm responding to the list for a reson.  Have you ever heard of anyone
>making a tray that mounts in a classIII hitch or on the bumper that will
allow
>me to carry more than just a moped?  I have a CR450R, and I can't figure
out a
>way to get it around without a trailer.  I was thinking of making a tray
that
>mounts in the receiver, and lets the back tire of the bike trail the truck.
>seem to be seeing more of these lately, any ideas?  My plan, for the
moment, is
>to make a tray that mounts in the hitch, along the back of the truck, pick
up
>and put the bike in it.  Tie it to the back of the truck (haven't figured
this
>one out yet) and drive on.  Only problem is I can't open the back gate.
Anyway,