Teraflex 4 to 1

Hey all,

 I just got off the phone with someone (Heidi) at Teraflex. I had called them
several months ago about thier 4 to 1 gearset for the dana 300. I had told
them I had a Scout, so she gave me the scoop about Scout dana 300s.
Basically, it sounds like most of the gears are the same, but the input
gear is different (she actually called it the output gear - anyway, it's
the gear that bolts to the output shaft of the transmission). What they're
doing is trying to get a group of people who are interested and are willing
to send them thier xfer case input gear, then they'll send them all out
to be remachined to work with the 4 to 1 gearset that is currently
availible. This extra step will boost the price from $695 to $795 for
the whole thing (4 to 1 gearset plus remachining the input gear). If you're
interested in this, then talk to Heidi at Teraflex, (801)256-9897. They're
trying to get a group of gears ready to send off to be remachined by Feb 24th.
I am not associated with them in any way except as a potential customer.

Wait, there's more...

 The other good news is that they're working on a gearset for the dana 20.
She said they were originally not going to make one because they couldn't
get a true 4:1 set to fit into the dana 20 case. But they got so many calls,
that now they're in the design phase of a 3.5:1 gearset for the dana 20 that
she claims will be availible in June or July.

 Later,                curt_cleavinger@domain.elided  Louisville, CO
   Curt                Binder Bunch: http://www.off-road.com/~jweed/binder.htm
                           /\
 [/>/]             [\<\] '75 Scout II     '75 Travelall 150