Inside Steering columns.

Rich,

     Remove steering wheel which may require a $4 puller from the parts store,
and remove horn slip ring contact.  There is a b!#@h of a spring inside there
under the pastic or steel disc, and you should get the u-shaped 'lock plate
compressor' on loan from your local parts store.  They are about $6-$20 to buy,
but you'll curse the world trying to get this apart/back together without it!
There is an outside spring clip (about 4/3") holding the plate onto the steering
shaft.  Carefully push down the disc and remove the spring, with a rag over it,
it can shoot off and remove your eye, or that of a loved one!  Once the clip,
spring, and plate come off, unscrew the turn signal stalk, and the three screws
that go through the cancelling cam that hold it to the column.  You'll have to
'click' the cancelling cam in order to gain access to the screws so get a rag,
it may be greasy.  There is a tab on the left hand side of the column, put the
key in (not sure how important it is to have the key), and push the tab in, and
the lock cyl should slide right out.  Like the books say, assembly is the
reverse process.

Hope this helps,

     -Joel Brodsky

         '76 IHC Scout II 345/tf727
         '75 IHC Travelall 150 4wd 392/tf727
         '72 Chev Carryall 3dr 4wd 350/th350 sold, but not forgotten.