Re: CTIS

>Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 10:42:56 -0500 (EST)
>From: "daniel.r.felix.1" <dfelix2@domain.elided>
>Subject: Binder Bulletin profile, Tom M.'s CTIS

>Does anyone understand what I am trying to describe?

Dan,
   I think I get it.  I remember seeing a little about CTIS a couple of
years ago.  There are some heavy duty axles available designed with CTIS in
mind.  They are produced for off road applications including dump trucks,
concrete mixers, utility trucks, the military, etc, that would benefit from
being able to lower tire pressure to suit conditions and then reinflate the
tires when getting back on the road.  Exactly what you'd want on your
Paystar 5000!  Now that would be an off road truck.
   There was another system available for semi trailers that would maintain
tire pressure at a specified value.  It seems like the air supply came down
the center of the trailer, passed through a hole drilled through the axle
spindles and then through a special hub that connected with the valve stems
on the wheel.  I don't know the logistics, but I think the hub provided the
critical seal for the air.  The wheel bearing setup must be different than
with a driving axle with input shaft, differential and internal bearings.
   Let me know if you are interested and I'll see if I can find the name of
the company that sells this system.
   Now you have me looking for a Paystar,
           J. Mike

jmdaugh@domain.elided