Clutches

tsm1@domain.elided (Tom Mandera) wrote:

>Is this with a CLOSE ratio T19?  I would expect a wide T19 to be "slow" to
>shift.. but a close?

Yup. With my current one (that has a new clutch, throwout bearings,
etc and is generally fine) and my prior one (that probably didn't have
more than 10-20k miles left in it).

I'm a little bummed about this, I guess I stupidly assumed that a truck's
tranny would shift as quickly as my Probe GTs did.  Well, perhaps I'll
have to practice Curt's double clutching on my *own* vehicle (sigh).

Ken Farmer