re: Horns

Daniel Youngquist <dany@domain.elided> wrote:

>On Tue, 10 Feb 1998, Ken Farmer wrote:
>> My existing Scout2 horn sounds like something from a yugo.  I'm going
>> to replace it with something substantial.
>>
>> The folks at Signaltone are sending me a shipment of various loud
>> horns that they carry.  I'll record each one and make them available
>> on the web somewhere (probably on the faq).  These will range from 115
>> to 135 db.  This will take me 2-4 weeks to get done.

>Just go to a boneyard and get a hi/lo pair from any old pickup.  Want it
>louder?  Get 2 pairs! :)  It'll still be lots cheaper than buying brand
>new horns.

Well, I really wanted one loud authoritative voice rather than a chorus
of small ones ;)

Again, the goal here is shock the young lady in the VW Golf GTI who
cuts me off so badly that she swerves in the lane!

BTW, should have the testing complete this weekend - like it is something
complicated! :).

Ken Farmer