Re: Borg Warner Auto Tranny

On Mon, 9 Feb 1998 20:08:14 -0800 "Allan Weidenheimer"
<allanw@domain.elided> writes:
>>The Borg Warner was used through 1972, with the Chrysler starting with
>>the 73 models.
>Howard,
>I don't think the cutoff was this clean, maybe Scouts continued to use
the
>B-W auto tranny until 73, but my '72 1210 Pickup has the 727.
>It shows a build date of June.
>Maybe heavier trucks started getting the 727 earlier?

That wouldn't surprise me, but 73 is the best approximation to use.  I
doubt if the switch coincided exactly with the start of the model year
production in either model.  But your truck is ALMOST a 73.  Generally
the model year break was in July when the plant returned for the usual
shutdown the first two weeks of July

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]