Re: RuggedComparisons

>an old Bronco), and ruggedness (I drew a blank, I mean, I know the
>Scout is truly a truck, but I do not know enough of the Bronco ...
>but I cannot imagine a mass produced vehicle being more rugged
>than the Scout).  Anybody know how these compare?  mark

I think they're close.. most likely each has it's strength and weakness.
The early Broncos had Dana 30s(???) up front (I think, at first), then Dana
44s with drums.  So EARLY Broncos might be a little tuffer than early
Scouts.. I believe all of the early Broncos came with Ford 9" rears.

So, you could say a '70 Bronco with a rear 9" and a front '44 has stronger
running gear than a '70 Scout 800...

The Broncos had a 302 earlier than the Scout 266 or 304.

I don't know that anything else is better or weaker.  They did have coil
spring front suspensions, which some like and some don't like.  Most likely,
there were just MORE early Broncos built.

That said, one of the more renowned Bronco and 4x4 builders in town drives
an early Bronco on the trail, and has another early Bronc for mud boggin..
and it runs a Scout II Dana 44 front end!

*shrug*  But why would anyone want an early Bronco?  Haven't we seen enough
of those... :-)

-Tom