Re: MSD advance unit installation

The black helicopters hovering over the house recorded Steve Stegmann
<stegmann@domain.elided> whispering:

>When I installed my MSD with my new Mallory distributor I noticed the
>exact same thing.

I guess the simple thing to do is to be sure to rotate the dial on the MSD
Adjustable Timing Unit to full advance before trying to install a
replacement distributor.  This effectively eliminates the function of the
Adjustable Timing Unit.  After the distributor is installed and the engine
running, then the timing can be changed to compensate for the function of
the Adjustable Timing Unit.

Regards,

John
jlandry@domain.elided             |
Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
WA Arms Collectors              |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | 1976 Scout II Traveler "Patriot" model
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |     1977 Scout II Traveler (Parts)