Re: FW: Too much articulation?

On Fri, 6 Feb 1998, Shubin, Pete wrote:

> >Are the fans of articulation actually reducing their rigs' abilities?

Makes sense to me.  I can see an advantage to lots of articulation for a
specialized use like rock crawling, but I have no interest in rock
crawling -- I drive on logging roads, power line roads, etc.  In my BS
-- Before Scout :) -- days, I had a '73 F*rd F250 highboy with open
axles, 33" mudders, and rock-hard springs with what seemed like all of
about 2"  of articulation.  With careful driving, I never got it stuck,
and it got me in & out of some places you wouldn't believe.  So when I
get springs for my Scout, I'm going to get the stiffest ones I can find.

Daniel Youngquist / dany@domain.elided / 541-688-9263 // VISA & MasterCard
*HOMESTEAD PRODUCTS                    http://www.teleport.com/~dany/mill
 Grain mills, water filters, quality simple-lifestyle & outdoors products
*INTERNET MEMORY EXCHANGE  Computer Memory  http://www.teleport.com/~dany
"'Necessity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.  It is
 the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." -William Pitt, 1783