SSII seat bases

I have a SSII and my seats don't tilt/fold/pivot foward.  This has had me
confused as to why the factory did this and how they intended for people to
get into the back.  It has an original back seat and all the upolstry
matches(It's avocada green, I don't think anyone would want to replicate
that) so I would assume that the seats are original.  My 800 even has a
tilting passenger seat for goodness sake and it was 10 yrs earlier. Does
anybody else have this arrangement in a SSII or has someone changed the seats?