Re: SSII seat bases

On Sat, 7 Feb 1998, Mitch Neal <mneal@domain.elided> wrote:

> I have a SSII and my seats don't tilt/fold/pivot foward.  This has had me
> confused as to why the factory did this and how they intended for people to
> get into the back.  It has an original back seat and all the upolstry
> matches(It's avocada green, I don't think anyone would want to replicate
> that) so I would assume that the seats are original.  My 800 even has a
> tilting passenger seat for goodness sake and it was 10 yrs earlier. Does
> anybody else have this arrangement in a SSII or has someone changed the seats?

I had the same (non-tilting) seats in my '78 SSII originally.  I think
they were even originally avocodo green, but a previous owner dyed all
the upolstry black.  I went to a junk yard and found some seats from a
'79 Scout II (not an SSII) that were in great shape, and tilted.  I
dropped those in with no problem.

Caesar
'78 SSII - complete rebuild w/ all glass body.
http://lava.american.com:8080/scout