Re: Line setting ticket

Scott Machalk <smachalk@domain.elided> scribbled in the sand:

>I got my line setting ticket last week and I am having some trouble
>interpreting some of the stuff. If there is someone who is an expert and
>would like to help, it is at http://www.coolday.com/scout/lineset.html

>DUAL HYD BRAKE CONT        004010 9661  BFG         (Prop valve ?)

This indicates you have the standard dual braking system... separate front and
rear systems in the master cylinder.

>11.75 x 1.18 DISC w/3.1    004138 9652              ( ? )

This is the designation for your front disc brakes.  Disc Diameter x Width and
caliper bore diameter.

>11 x 2 1/4 W/15/16 WH CYL  004221 9652              ( ? )

This is your rear brake drum information.  Diameter x Width, with a 15/16"
diameter brake cylinder.

>79 SCOUT STEERING          005711 9651  A           ( ? )

You wouldn't want a steering system from a Loadstar dump truck would you?  The
guys and gals on the assembly line have to know this!  You'd be surprised what
happens on any manufacturing assembly line without specific instructions.
People can get very creative on the graveyard shift!

>DRIVELINE LABOR MTG        006100 9653              ( ? )

Just letting the assembly line folks know they need to mount the driveline.

>FRT END SHEET METAL NOT    009000 9662  A           (NOT ? )

IH was hip *way back*.  Let's put on a School Bus front end... *not*!  I'm
sure this serves to specify the correct style front end sheet metal which
changed from over the years?

>EMISSION LABELS            010210 9655  BKS         ( ? )

The emissions label under the hood and on the valve cover I suppose.

>MODULATED FAN              012738 9656  B           (fan clutch? flex fan?)

Yes... optional thermostatically controlled fan clutch.

>OPTIONAL GEAR RATIOS       014901 9652              ( ? )

I suppose this alerts the assembly line that the axles were selected with
optional gear ratios... the axle description specifies which.  Seems
redundant, but then in manufacturing, a double check can't hurt things.

>CUSTOM INTERIOR LHD        016834 9658  DP          ( ? )

Custom interior package for a left hand drive Scout.  Stuff like vinyl door
covers I'd bet.

>BLACK INTR TRIM PCK        016874 9655              ( ? )

Black interior trim package.

>10-15-8 APR                885608 0002              ( ? )

This is undoubtedly the code for the optional Goodyear Tracker AT tires.
Probably the front.

>10-15-8 APR                925608 0002              ( ? )

Same but maybe specifying to the assembly crew what goes on the rear.

>10-15-8 TRACKER RWL        945208 0001              ( ? )

The spare tire.

Best regards,

John
jlandry@domain.elided             |
Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
WA Arms Collectors              |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | 1976 Scout II Traveler "Patriot" model
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |     1977 Scout II Traveler (Parts)