Radios

>On a totally unrelated subject, I was very surprised Sunday night when I
><pulled a speaker out of my '65.  I took it inside and hooked it up to the
>stereo, and it worked!!  Amazing that something 33 years old, stereo
>related, still works.  I don't know about the radio, though, because it
>isn't in there.  I might hook up the AM radio in the '64 sometime and see
>if it works.  Got me wondering- does anybody still have the original radio
>in their Scout/pickup?  Does it work??

Oh, sure....the AM radios in both the '64 and '68 Travelalls work great.
It's pretty tough to kill some of that early discrete transistor electronic
equipment.It wasn't 'til later that they figgered out how to make cheap,
disposable consumer electronics ;)

Jim
proud owner of an early RadarRange that weighs 100lbs and simply refuses to
die...