Delco HEI

Ken,

How do you go about doing the HEI swap?  Does it use a Chevy, GM corporate, or
custom distributor housing?  I thought I had heard of this swap a few years
ago but hadn't seen anything else about it so I assumed I had dreamt it.

Thanks,
Jerry Muncie

<< I've been buried at work, and away from the list for a while.  Missed
 it.  Still living happily with just two IHs for the family.  Sounds
 great in the morning when they are both warming up together...

 A few of my favorite modifications:

     - Replaced my points distributor with a Delco HEI (cost $150, and
       provided great after-market options and out of the box improvements)

     - Balance tube between exhaust pipes on my scout (*really* quieted
       it down, possible performance bennies - but I can't be sure because
       I also added tri-y headers at the same time)

     - Rearched the springs (and added an additional leaf) on the T'all,
       and made other general repairs/fixes to suspension.  It now drives
       like a new $35k truck! Ok, well the front leaf springs do give it
       a different kind of ride, however.

 Ken Farmer
 1980 Scout II (160k miles, 304, T-19, 3.73s, no rust)
 1974 Travelall (170k miles, 392, 727, 3.73s, in deep rust trouble)  >>