Wasted Bandwidth, et al

Just to put this to rest..

I appreciate everyone "standing up for me."  Thanks.

That said, unless someone else points out differently, I assume that each
and every response to any of my posts is an attempt to help my thinking
process, to further along an idea.  I personally feel Spencer was very right
in suggesting I learn to plug a tire (and as often as I pop 'em, I *should*
learn!).  Had someone else not taken it differently, I would've blindly
assumed Spencer was being helpful (as I expect EVERYONE here to be, and
everyone *has* been).

Of course, quoting my entire post to add that I should learn to plug tires
was a little excessive, but.. we're all guilty of things like that from time
to time.

So, I guess I'll echo Paul's comments..

If I wander or blather on, and I start getting incoherent, first check the
posting time! (might've been 3am.. heh).. but if you DO feel I'm just
talkin' way too much.. please please please, drop me a private email,
preferably in a kind/friendly/good natured manner (preferably all three),
and I'll take your suggestion under advisement!

I've expressed, personally, to more than a few folks that if I start poking
too many questions, just LET ME KNOW.  Among my many talents, I am *not* a
mind reader! ;)

Sorry to waste the bandwidth and everyone else's time.. I just thought I'd
post this incase anyone missed out on the Basic Etiquette techniques that
are commonly used, but never talked about, on the Internet.

If you have a beef with someone, email *them*.  Posting to the list is just
like the annoying "How the Hell do I unsubscribe???" messages I see on so
many other lists...

And if you have a beef with me, "mailto:tsm1@domain.elided" is all it takes.
And that is a ONE after "tsm", not an "L".

Now, lets get back to bragging / talking about / wrenching on, or PLAYING
with our 'Binders! (that means Pickups and T'alls as well as Scouts!)

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
tsm1@domain.elided
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout