Cab Mounts

Hey Folks,  All this talk about welding in those body mounts makes me still feel pretty good
about how I did mine.  I have this chronicled in a very  brief description of how I did it at..... http://www.binderbulletin.com/techlib/body_lib.htm
I have also e-mailed some with John Staubb -- he did his mounts in a similar manner.
Basically, this is to bolt a 2X4 1/8 " wall tubing (or channel) about 4 ft long lenghtwise to
the bottom.  Ya need to notch out the front end just a little to clear the frame mount.
Line it up with the hole in the frame, bolt it to the floor real good, and that's it.  I've had
mine this way for about 10 years with no problem.  I also think this structually stiffens the
body--which can't hurt--especially with weak rockers.  For the floor,  what I did......go to the
metal store...get galvanized 18 ga sheet.  Get a piece of heavy angle about 4 ft long.  This
will be the straight edge for your metal brake.  Sit this on a saw horse, then lay the cut
and marked sheet metal over this, clamp it in place, and smack the edge with a rubber
hammer.  This will give you a perfectly acceptable bend.  Lay it in and weld or pop rivet
in place.  I used polyurathne roofing sealer to seal everything  real good.  I got most
of my metal as salvage pieces, by the pound, at Wasatch Steel in Salt Lake.  I'll bet I
have less than $50 worth of metal in the whole project, and I also skinned my entire
rear bed area and lower doors.  If ya'll would like further info on this, send me a note.
Dale Bradshaw   75 Scout, restored, rust free (well, mostly anyway) 345, 727