2nd Battery and Alternator Upgrade ?s

Two weeks ago there was a plethora of activity regarding dual battery
setups. I took the plunge last weekend and upgraded my Scout. I elected to
use the marine switch,$24, (All off,B1,B2, or Both B's). Mounted the 2nd
battery to the passenger inner fender next to the heater core, relocated the
washer pump and charcoal canister and pushed the air conditioner compressor
closer to the manifold. Installed the marine switch next to the brake
booster.

 It was an easy install made even easier by using marine grade hardware. I
swapped all battery terminals for marine style, used adhesive lined shrink
tubing and put terminal boot covers over all posts. Additionally I added a
ATO 6 fuse panel for hooking up all non-keyed accessories and will install a
second panel using either a relay or solenoid for all keyed accessories.

Now is the time to replace my 37 amp alternator.I know I can get a 90 amp 10
SI from NAPA, but what I really need is the capability to run the Scout at
night at idling speed (650 - 1000) rpm for up to an hour or more and still
be able to charge the batteries. I do quite a bit of varmint hunting and
over the last three months I've noticed I seldom drive fast enough except on
the way home to show a charge on the alternator. Should I try and find
smaller diameter pulleys or is there an adjustable alternator available that
can be  tuned to output at lower rpms?

(My wife might want Tom to curtail some of his musings as she holds him
personally responsible for the recently installed Tuffy security console
complete with Kenwood CD player and 4" speakers installed in the kick panel,
the Smittybuilt Roll Bar as well as the 2nd battery.)

Jeff Clark
'73 Scout II 4" Skyjacker lift, 33's