Re: battery's and stuff

>Tom, Daniel
>   If you mount the batteries under the step you could just use Exide
>sealed 800 series batteries. Exide says that you could mount them upside
>down or sideways! That would also make them waterproof. A stater isn't

Hey.. I like that!  If that's the case, I'll add a few under the bed..
either for ballast (like Dan), or just for more juice. :)

>submerged in water if you need to (so I've read, never had to try it).

Been there, done that.. yep, it works.  I've never tried it in SALT water
though..

>Also, you mean your Scout interior isn't waterproof that you need to
>protect your fuse panel? My Scout stays warm and dry even through a
>large rain drop :-)!!!

Heh.. that works fine n' dandy.. except when I have the Bikini top on.. heh.
For that matter, my '72 currently has some cancer in the body mount / fender
/ floor / kick panel seam... a year n' a half ago, on the 4th of July, we
went mudding through a long, somewhat deep "puddle".. I still have mud
streaks going up the INSIDE of the dash and windshield, and the passengers
in the BACK seat got hit with a tidal wave of mud (Yes, I and my fiance' in
the front seat got nailed pretty good as well)

Speaking of WARM.. anyone ever try adding some insulation behind the plastic
(or are they 'glass) inserts?  I have insulation between the headliner and
hard top, but the sides are just bare steel, with air between it and the
inserts.. I've wondered if adding some cut-to-fit insulation material would
make any difference (after I replace those shot and cut door seals that leak
whistling air at me all winter long...)

-Tom