Several Questions regarding tranny swap....

David,
My 4 speed scout is smooth as silk upto over 100mph. I think we need
more info to help as follows. Is the vibration RPM or RoadSpeed related.
For example if you run your motor through the rpm range with the trany
in neutral. Does it vibrate. Or when your rolling down the road and put
your foot on the clutch and let the engine go to idle while coasting
does it still virbrate?

I could think of several possable items to check.
If RPM related you could have a bad pressure plate or disk. I once had
my pressure plate "shift" after doing some burnouts in my old 55 chevy.
I discovered after paying to have the whole motor balanced and found a
large hunk of iron welded to the pressure plate. I've also heard of the
lining coming off a clutch face and causing similar problems.

If Road speed related could be a bad U-Joint. bent drive shaft and such.

Let us know what you fine.
--
Tom Reed	treed@domain.elided
The Data Center - Database Software Development