AC - check valve

Fifth store I visited (Napa, ACE, CarQuest, Checker = nope) I finally found
a check-valve.. only it's 1/2".  So I bought some neck-downs and such, to go
from the 1/4" NPT that I'm using to the 1/2" for the check-valve.

The guy at the hardware store didn't know if it would make any difference,
necking things up n' down, or not... I don't think it will, but if I'm
wrong, someone correct me!

Oh goodie.. maybe I'll have working air late tonight?  heh heh.. Where's
that old super soaker at, anyhow? <VBG>

Actually, *MY* air "tool" set currently consists of a blow-gun and an air
chuck.. but ya gotta start somewhere. :)

BTW, I forgot to mention I paid $10 for the 60' x 3/8" air hose at Wal-mart.
the best I could find elsewhere was $10 for a 25' x 1/4" hose.

-Tom