Re: 5spd w/345?

>Dear scouters,
>	Because of the faulty reverse in my 727. i have been dreaming of pairing up a
>5spd overdrive trany with my 345 in my 76 scout . Is this possible? has
anyone done

Hmm.. grab a T19 and bellhousing from a 75+ Scout II, and that'll swap in
just fine.  Not sure if you could re-use your Dana 20, or what little gear
you'd need.

That would get you a close or wide 4spd..

For a 5spd, you can get one of the rare IH OD 5spd, and mate it to a
divorced NP205 from an IH pickup (Dodge used a divorced NP205 for a while, too)

OR, if you really want to go High-tech.. Advanced Adapters is supposed to
have an adapter to mate one of those new NV4500HD 5spd trannies to the IH
V8s.. 5.x (why can't I remember?):1 1st gear, and I think .73 OD 5th.  Get
another adapter, and you can mate a Jeep Dana 300 to the back of it..

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
'72 and '77 Scout IIs