FW: bias ply tires again

>I know that a place to find lots of Bi-plies tires is Country General (I
>was there today) and I was looking at tires and there were several
>bi-plies type tires.
>
>Luke

OK, now that we've got another sighting from farm country, does anybody
know how they're marketing the bias plys? I mean, are they selling them as
equipment/implement tires primarily, or as truck tires for light trucks?
Last time I checked prices on bias plys, there was no price advantage over
radials at all, which used to be a big reason for running bias plys. As
late as 1986 or so I could still buy a 7.00x15 bias ply in the L.A. area
for $32 or so, the last ones I priced were more like $80-90, and that'll
buy a nice 235/75-15 radial.

Jim