EGR

Hey IH'ers!

 There's something that's been bugging me that I don't understand. Both my
Scout and my Travelall are '75s, but the Scout has an EGR and the Travelall
doesn't. I know the Scout GVW was raised to 6200 lbs. in '75 to avoid some
emissions equipment requirements (air pumps? catalytic converters?) - was
there another weight cutoff that removed the need for an EGR? The Travelall
GVW isn't that much more (6900), so that doesn't seem like the answer. Does
anybody know?

 Later,                    /\  curt_cleavinger@domain.elided
   Curt                 /\/  \        /\
 [/</]   \_/       [\>\]              '75 Travelall 150
 [/>/]             [\<\] '75 Scout II