: Re: ihc-digest V5 #133 Density of snow

| Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 12:49:54 -0600 (CST)
| From: Steve Stegmann <stegmann@domain.elided>
| Subject: Re: ihc-digest V5 #133  Density of snow
|
| Tom,
|
| Look at a Sno-Cat.  They use a footprint of about 40 sq ft to float on
| snow.  The tires for the Scout would be amazing.  Maybe use  the tundra
| tires that Goodyear developed for the Alaskan pipeline job.  They're 10 ft
| diameter and run at low pressure.  Kept them from tearing up the Tundra
| as much.
|
| Steve

Boys and girls, I can fix you right up,

Having just put a set of "floater" tires on my sprayer, I'm sure the old
ones are just what you need.  They're 66X43X25 Goodyear Terra Tires and you
can run them down to 3 or 4 psi if you want.  Hell, they'll probably support
a Scout without any air in them.  It would give you  about a 32 sq ft
footprint (at least).  I'll make you a deal.  Of course, new ones are about
$2,600 apiece.  I need to get some of my money back from the maypops
somehow.  :-)

John Stricker

jstricke@domain.elided

"I didn't spend all these years getting to the top of the food chain
just to become a vegetarian"