Re: Density of snow

>I once a vehicle equipped for the snow by using what looked like "Paddle
>wheels" attached to the outer rim of each tire. The way this was
>supposed to work is you ran on the rubber when on the pavement and

Now *that* sounds like fun.. maybe even more so than the triangular "tread"
stuff on  the Toyota Tacomas..

BUT, before this goes *too* far, I'll offer some background on why I asked
this silly question in the first place..

I'd asked Paul Weitlauf how he likes his 34x9.5 bias ply Swampers on his
lifted Cherokee XJ.

That progressed into some discussions about how the XJ didn't float very
well, but his HotStuff did well with some 32x11.5s and such..

That's when I got to wondering if a formula of some sort could be had that
would give us an indication of typical snows and what approximate foot print
would be needed to provide the appropriate amount of "float".

-Tom